CCLS has a new Health Law Advice Line at 1-800-675-8001 to help individuals and families keep their health coverage, including Medi-Cal and Covered California; dispute denials of health care services and prevent disruption in care; and address and resolve billing problems. The Health Team provides advice and representation to individuals at no cost and without regard to their income or assets. CCLS does not assist with medical malpractice claims, worker's compensation cases, and right-to-die situations.
CCLS is proud to be a member of the Health Consumer Alliance (HCA). The HCA is a netowrk of ten consumer assistance programs operated by community-based legal services organizations across the state of California. The HCA provides statewide policy advocacy to resolve systemic health care issues impacting Californians.
A recent victory by the Health Team was accomplished in court to get low-income residents out of limbo after submitting their Medi-Cal application
Breast Health Education and Access to Breast Cancer Screening
Central California Legal Services/Fresno Health Consumer Center’s project focuses on reaching, educating and providing access to breast cancer screening to uninsured Hispanic women of Fresno County in the areas of Firebaugh/Mendota, Orange Cove/Reedley, Parlier/Squaw and Wonder Valley. They will also serve the African American and Hmong communities in the city of Fresno. Staff works collaboratively with county services, community groups and Federally Qualified Health Clinics in urban and rural communities.
- Link underserved women to Federally Qualified Health Clinics to establish medical home.
- Provide culturally and linguistically breast health education
- Works with FQHC and mobile mammography to hold breast health/breast cancer screening events.
- Mammogram payment assistance for those who are uninsured who do not qualify for other assistance.
- Transportation assistance for breast cancer survivors